Before going to the main topic, let me ask you a question, do you think using a bandsaw fence is essential? The answer can be yes and no because both are correct.
Some varieties brands are manufacturing the best aftermarket bandsaw fences for years to years. If you want to use your bandsaw for curved cuts, you will not need to use a bandsaw fence, but for straight cuts, the bandsaw resaw fence is essential because it plays a vital role.
There is one important fact you need to know that the best-quality bandsaw doesn’t come with any fence, and you need to buy it separately.
In this article, we made a list of the best aftermarket bandsaw fences in 2021 with their different feature, that comes with some pros and cons, and things you need to consider before purchasing these devices and a final thought.
So, you don’t have to be worried. Read the guideline to know about the best aftermarket bandsaw fence reviews to see what the products are offering.
A Quick Summary of Best Aftermarket Bandsaw Fences
1. Kreg KMS7200 Bandsaw Fence
Item Weight: 8.76 pounds;
Product Dimensions: 2.5 x 32.25 x 8 inches;
Item model number: KMS7200;
The Kreg KMS7200 bandsaw fence is our first product on our list. Many features of this product make it famous among us. If you want excellent accuracy during the work, you can adjust the tool to match the blade’s drift angle, and it can mount 14 inches’ band saws without making any mistakes. To make the fence of the bandsaw, high-quality aluminum material uses to add more durability to it. If you do some maintenance of this model, then without any doubt, it can serve its best performance from years to years. The work performance is just outstanding, and the price is also affordable, so do not miss any chance to take full advantage of it.
- The Kreg KMS7200 bandsaw fence offers many exciting features, and the precision lens cursor is one of them. It assures the workpieces pinpoint accuracy during work.
- The mounting rail structure of this tool is around 26 inches long, and the fence is almost 18 inches long.
- The Kreg KMS7200 bandsaw fence is a very tough tool. The rigidity of it ensures durability and tighter workpieces.
- The user can easily attach and remove the tool with the objects for less downtime and helps to make them more productive by saving time.
- It is easy to adjust the Kreg KMS7200 bandsaw fence in two dimensions to match the blade’s drift angle.
- These 14 inches bandsaw is an ideal choice for many types of work.
- This fantastic bandsaw fence comes with a mounting rail and hardware, clamp block with Precision Lens Cursor, one Kreg Heavy-Duty Trak, adhesive-back measuring tape, and complete instructions guide.
- You can easily remove the fence if you do not need it;
- This device comes with a Precision Lens Cursor;
- The best-quality materials ensure solid construction;
- The price range is also reasonable;
- Easy to use;
- This bandsaw is adjusted in two dimensions
- Many customers complain about the bolts and screws because they broke very fast;
- The product comes without any instruction.
2. Woodhaven 7280 Band Saw Fence
Part Number: 7280;
Item Weight: 9.43 pounds;
Package Dimensions: 24.5 x 4.8 x 4 inches.
The Woodhaven 7280 is a famous device because of its solid piece of equipment. The aluminum material body is best for heavy use and won’t succumb to rust without any maintenance. Of course, the positive locking clamps on both sides are on point helps to make the tool more durable and improved stability. Another thing the users appreciate is that the tool-less adjustments make it easy enough to use, and this model is one of the best in the industry. The users do not need to think much about investing a lot of money because it is a budget-friendly product suitable for everyone.
- This fence model is made to improve the band saw. The user can adjust the blade lead with an angle bracket design for a perfect work experience.
- The 14 inches bandsaw of Woodhaven 7280 can fit in 16 inches square table perfectly.
- The user can use this device to any other 14 inches bandsaw and can pierce four holes.
- This Porter-Cable fence comes with locks at both ends of the tool. It is also a better way to adjust the blade.
- The rigid fence feature makes it easy to do any hard chores without any trouble.
- Woodhaven 7280 is best for clamping any band saw to cut circles or arcs from 3 inches diameter up to 189 inches diameter.
- This fence model offers an alternative circle-cutting accessory onto the ends of the railings at the fence.
- At first, very rigid build;
- It provides a helpful locking mechanism;
- Made from the USA;
- Budget-friendly device;
- It can easily fit in 16 square inches’ tables;
- Users can assembly the tool without having any problem.
- It’s harder to move, and the user needs to use a lubricant;
- It can lose stability.
3. RIKON 13-900 Band Saw Fence
Brand: Rikon Power Tool;
Item Weight: 6.58 pounds;
Product Dimensions: 24.6 x 6.7 x 6.7 inches;
Item model number: 13-900.
Not all quality bandsaw fences need to comes at a high price. Especially, when we are talking about the Rikon 13-900 bandsaw fence. Anyone can handle this well-designed fence for accurate cuts. You can easily change the blades of this tool, and the best part is the user can over-tighten the screws without having any problem. You can get a ripsaw bar with the device, and this feature makes it more attractive than a broad range of saws. But it is essential to be professional when this device needs to be assembly because it is not a beginner-friendly product. Another drawback of this product is the user can use this fence in two bandsaw brands Rikon and Craftsman.
- The unique feature of the RIKON 13-900 14-Inch Bandsaw Fence is the user can use the tool with the RIKON 10-320 14-Inch Bandsaw.
- The cam-lock lever and rear glide rail feature are fantastic for giving extra control for accurate cuts.
- The bandsaw fence offers multiple adjustments to its user for drift and can provide square 90-degrees cuts to the table.
- A ripsaw bar and an easy-to-read scale come with a magnified cursor to complete woodworking projects efficiently and effectively.
- Another top feature of this 14-inch bandsaw fence is a cam-lock lever and rear glide rail. These two features allow giving superb control during the task.
- The quality of the product is excellent,
- It allows giving more accurate cut
- The user can easily take out the for blade swapping;
- Ripsaw bar of the tool provides accurate ripping;
- The product gives an easy-to-read scale with a magnified cursor.
- The assembly and adjustments are not easy because they didn’t come with the instructions.
4. POWERTEC BS900RF Band Saw
Manufacturer: Southern Technology LLC;
Item Weight: 4.6 ounces;
Product Dimensions: 12.2 x 4.2 x 2.1 inches;
Country of Origin: China;
Item model number: BS900RFA.
We will surely make a mistake if we do not mention the Powertec BS900RF bandsaw fence name in our list. The best part of this model product is, you can easily adjust the fences perfectly with any bandsaw model that offers a maxximum 11 and 3/4 inches’ table. It is also the perfect tool that can match with the POWERTEC B900 model bandsaw model. The materials of this fence help to makes it ultra-durable and increase its durability. It does not matter how many times you use it because this tool can provide straight parallel cuts each time. Most importantly, it comes at a very reasonable price tag and is lightweight.
- The sturdy extruded aluminum construction ensures the POWERTEC B900RF bandsaw fence offers more durability, and the components make it more solid.
- This product can give you straight parallel cuts to your workpieces.
- With the handy adjustable cam feature of the POWERTEC B900RF bandsaw fence, the clamp can adjust the tool maximum of 11-3/8 inches up to 12 inches.
- Another life-saving feature is the product arrives fully assembled. The users do not need to take the hassle and can use it right out of the package.
- The extra effective cam lever action helps to lock the device securely in place.
- The construction of this tool is sturdy and durable;
- An ideal device for all parallel and straight cuts;
- This bandsaw fence comes fully assembled;
- This model is highly dependable with the cam lever feature;
- It comes with an affordable price tag.
- The product has limited compatibility;
- The tool does not come with an instruction guide.
A good-quality bandsaw fence is one of the vital and most powerful devices that can help to get a straight cut. You can destroy your valuable workpiece if you do not have one of the best bandsaw fences for your woodworking tasks. It is possible to get the best device if you consider few primary things before selecting one. Below, check the things the users need to consider.
• Building Material
Before buying a fence for a bandsaw, check what types of material are used to build the device. The manufacturers use various materials aluminum, plastic, and steel components, to building a high-quality fence. But always try to buy a bandsaw fence that comes with aluminum alloy. It is known as the robust metal, an ideal component for a fence. The steel component is also good. The problem is it will catch rust soon and also make the fence so heavy. Try to use a plastic fence, and it makes the fence low-quality and can break easily.
• Lock System
For any precise straight cut, you have to lock it down after placing it. The different brand uses their lock system. Magnetic lock and cam lock lever is one of the most popular systems. You can easily handle the magnetic lock system, and the cam lock lever is difficult to use.
Compatibility is another essential thing you need to consider before purchasing the right one. It is impossible to use the same extension fence on the different saws. All model product comes with different dimensions and designs. So they don’t fit on other band saw tables. Some research can help you before purchasing the aftermarket bandsaw fence for woodworking projects. Check the saw model and find out that is the fence is compatible with it.
The fences are different from each other not all are the same. They are manufacture to use for specific saws, and they are unique their way.
Now you understand why a bandsaw fence is essential. The bandsaw always deserves a good- quality fence, and it is also not an easy task to choose the right one. Do not hurry when you are picking things like this. Take few moments to think and do some researches on it. It is a product that is capable of doing so many things besides cutting curves. These fences are best for resawing boards into thinner pieces, rip warped rough lumber, precisely cut tenons, half-lap joints, and dovetail joints perfectly, without making any mistakes. I hope, you find our article about aftermarket bandsaw fences beneficial for your projects and found the ideal model.